Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.careerjump.co.uk/
We, at Career Jump+, take personal data very seriously. This privacy notice is a public declaration of how we apply the Data Protection Principles & Rights afforded under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 to the personal data that we process.
This privacy notice covers the following aspects:
- Explains the type of personal data that we collect about you
- How and why we collect and use your personal data
- Legal basis for processing information
- Disclosures and Third Parties
- Security of personal information and retention
- Your rights and access to your information
- International data transfers
- Explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us or complain
- Job applicants, work placements, current and former employees, consultants and associates of Career Jump+
- Google Analytics
- Cookies and web beacons
- Links to other sites and organisations
- Data Controller
- Amendments of this statement
Personal Data We Collect About You
Personal data is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
We may collect personal data from our website, via phone, email or other data links from our Clients. These include:
- Your name and contact information such as email address and telephone number.
- Age or age group
- Country of domicile and country of origin
- Information relating to your career programme, the courses or events you have or intended to attend and/or completed, dates attended / dates of study. This information will be held in your membership record
- Any other requirements to fulfil the client’s contract of services
- Cookie identifier or IP address
How We Use The Information About You
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for direct marketing.
Any personal information you submit to us will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy statement which will include:
- Delivery of our core career services: memberships (and any stages that these may include such as: registration, assessment, quizzes, attendance, managing progress, etc.) and of educational training courses including group sessions (face-to-face and online), online forums and webinars (using third party software for webinars and online forums)
- Understanding your needs and providing you with a better service
- Maintaining membership records
- Conduct internal training to improve services
- To provide coaching services tailored for the needs of the client
- Providing library, IT and information services
- Matters in support of our core services, including event management and attendance, safeguarding, health and safety and security, managing social media, consultations
- Administration (to include recruitment, research analysis, reporting, audits for compliance and legal obligations, operational information, promotion of services, any HR-related issues, complaints, enquiries, etc.) and finance including invoicing, payments, etc.
If you choose to download our free reports or any other downloadable content provided by CareerJump+ or to register on our distribution list for news, events and alerts, we will use the information you provide us to:
- Send you the content requested
- Inform our marketing strategy
- Enhance our thought leadership content
- Send you related information that we believe will be of interest to you
Legal Basis For Processing Information
Career Jump+ is committed to complying to the 7 principles relating to the processing of personal data under the GDPR in all that we do. These principles are:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
- Purpose limitation
- Data minimisation
- Storage limitation
- Integrity and confidentiality (security)
These principles lie in the heart of our approach to processing personal information.
The legal basis for processing your data is for legitimate business interests and on occasions where we are processing your personal data for the performance of a service (membership, event, online forum, etc.) with yourself. In this respect, we use your personal data for the following:
- To interact with you before, during and after you become a Career Jump Growth Programme member and as part of the learner enrolment process (e.g. to answer enquiries about our membership)
- To perform audit responsibilities
- Once you become a Career Jump Growth Programme member, to provide you with joining instructions
- To deal with any concerns or feedback you may have
- For any other purpose for which you provide us with your personal data
For any newsletters, free downloadable materials or any other push notifications through our website, you will be asked for your consent in a clear and plain language. Consent will be separate from other terms and conditions and will not be a precondition of signing up to a service.
We will process your personal data as part of our contractual obligations, where we’ll hold a contract directly with yourself and may use your personal data for the following:
- Fulfil our contractual obligations, i.e. memberships
- Before entering into a contract (e.g. quote for our coaching services, specialist services, any other ad-hoc requests which may lead to contractual obligations at a later stage)
We may also process your personal data for our compliance with our legal obligations. In this respect, we may use your personal data for the following:
- In order to assist with investigations (including criminal investigations) carried out by the police and other competent authorities
For any other processing not covered by the above, we will obtain consent before using any of your personal data.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, apprentices, work placement students, consultants as reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations for the purposes as set out in this privacy statement.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- Regarding any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
Except as provided in this privacy statement, we will not provide your information to third parties without your prior consent. We will request your consent in a clear and distinguishable form from any other matters, using clear and plain language. You will also have the right to easily withdraw consent.
International Data Transfers
Information that we collect may be stored, processed and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in or supply from to enable us to use the information in accordance with this privacy statement.
There is no transfer of data from us outside of the EU for any purposes.
Security of Your Personal Information and Data Retention
The Career Jump Group takes information security extremely seriously. We will store all the personal information you provide us with on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. We have all the required SSL certificates on our website. This is a security protocol used to secure data between two machines using encryption. Where possible we encrypt electronic transactions you make to or receive from us.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details safe and confidential. We will not contact you in any way to ask you for your password. The only time when you will be asked on to type your password is when you log in to our systems / website.
Career Jump+ retains your personal information in line with our Retention Policy and the periods identified in the document. We will never retain data for any longer than necessary to carry out our service and fulfil our statutory and legal obligations. However, please be advised that we may retain some of your information after you cease to use our services, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes. For further details on retention periods on your personal data please contact us via email as specified below.
Job Applicants, Work Placements, Current and Former Employees, Consultants and Associates of The Career Jump Group
The Career Jump Group is the data controller for the information you provide during the process unless otherwise stated. If you have any queries about the process or how we handle your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites which may not be covered by our privacy notice or security measures, therefore you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your Rights and Access to Your Information
The Career Jump Group recognises the rights of data subjects under the GDPR which include:
- The right to be informed
You have the right to be informed about the collection of personal data, purpose, retention periods, how we process it, and who we share that data with.
- The right of access
You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information – this is called ‘Subject Access’. It allows you as the individual to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing. You can request this in writing to: email@example.com. We have one month to respond back to you.
- The right to rectification
You are entitled to have your personal data rectified if this is inaccurate or incomplete. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe that your information is incorrect or incomplete. We have one month to rectify the data.
- The right to erasure
Individuals have the right to have their data erased – also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. You are able to request for your personal data to be deleted or removed where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. You need to request this in writing to: email@example.com with a subject line: ‘GDPR – erasure’. We have one month to process the request.
- The right to restrict processing
You have the right to request restriction or suppression of the processing of your personal data. When processing is restricted, Career Jump+ is permitted to store the personal data but not to process it. This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances. We can only retain enough information about the individual to ensure that the restriction is respected in future. We have one month to respond to the request.
- The right to data portability
The right to data portability gives individuals the right to receive personal data they have provided to Career Jump+ (when a controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. It also gives you the right to request that a controller transmits this data directly to another controller.
- The right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. The right to object only applies in certain circumstances.
- processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest and exercise of official authority (including profiling)
- Scientific or historic research
- direct marketing (including profiling)
The right related to automated decision making and profiling
Automated individual decision-making is a decision made by automated means without any human involvement. You have the right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling, this can only be carried out by us when:
- necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract; or
- authorised by Union or Member state law applicable to the controller; or
- based on your explicit consent.
For further information on GDPR and your rights as an individual please refer to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/
For complaints to the Supervisory Authority, Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
When someone visits www.careerjump.co.uk we use Google Analytics which is a third-party service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand our customers by collecting information about visitor behaviour on our website. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en-GB
Visitors may choose to opt-out of Google Analytics tracking with the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
An HTTP cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing. They enable our site to “remember” who you are. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
How to Contact Us
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or write to us at 71-75, Shelton Street, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ
If you are unhappy with our response, you have the right to complain to the Supervisory Authority, Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
The Career Jump Group is the data controller of the information you have provided us on this website as well as during any events, coaching sessions or online groups / forums as outlined in this privacy notice. Exceptions is payments for our services – they are completed securely by third parties (Braintree). On these occasions they become the data controller. For more information on how they process information, how it is being used and retained please visit their websites and read their privacy policies: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev and https://www.braintreepayments.com/en-gb/legal/braintree-privacy-policy. The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is The Career Jump Group.
This statement has been last updated in November 2018. We may update this privacy statement from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. We may also notify you of changes to our privacy statement by email.